Thursday, July 28, 2011

Lachlan,

I'd love to write you a song, and maybe one day you would learn the words and sing along.
My words kept mixing into mismatched sentences, lyrics of nothing that compared to our reality.
I've kept quiet for a while, my mind, she likes to confuse my priorities.
I wanted something for so long, but it took a single look at you to make me realise I don't need it.
I'd spend forever with you without it, because all I need is you.
I'd love to write you a song, and maybe one day I will.
For now I'll tell you a story, of some things between me and you.
I'd love to tell you how you make my heart dance against my ribs.
When your eyes grab mine and time slows to an almost stand still moment.
The brief moment your finger tips touch my face as you brush my hair from my eyes.
I'll never forget the taste of your mouth, or your warm breath down my neck.
Your fingers intertwined within mine.
The stupid laugh you make me do, even when I'm not in a particularly good mood.
You always make my day better.
I think back on clever things you say, and I pretty much smile all day.
I could go on for so much longer, I really could.
I'd love to write a song that you whistle the tune to,
Maybe one day I will.

No comments: