Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My Gravity - Weeping Wolf

Oh- Cast my eyes to the moon!
Could it be? You said...you loved me?
Unbelievable! Unsustainable! Uncontainable!
The words slip out seamlessly like silkworms...
could I hold them in the atmosphere a moment longer?
Clutching my hand at the wind, and they are gone...
Oh say my name, in so many ways,
repeat them, till I cannot breathe
because I kept my ears on just to hear your voice.
Oh- Cast my eyes to the sea!
What is this swelling here, in my heart on the shore? A storm?
Look at the height of the waves! Could it be, my gravity?
Claiming to be my moon, without you I would be up-side-down.
The most frightening thing is...I tremble you may be right.
Our bodies should not yearn so with so many stars watching...
Somewhere in history, an apple was bitten before it ever fell.
But whether it was before my heart's presence I can never tell.
For memory is ancient, but my love is a midnight pasture...
Ride with me on bare-back horses in the moonlight
Because I am bearing myself to you, my gravity
because without you, I would surely spin out of orbit!

No comments: